This is a simple green smoothie recipe with fruit and spinach that you can easily switch out depending on your taste, weight loss and nutritional goals.
It features acai berry powder which is known for its high sources of antioxidants and artery-protective flavanoids. While whole acai berries would be preferred, it's quite expensive to do so especially if you are wanting to use all organic ingredients (which I strongly suggest).
You should always include at least one berry (blueberry, raspberry etc) and one or two greens in your smoothie. And you should alternate ingredients as frequently as possible to improve nutrient absorption.
You may want to substitute water for almond milk or oat milk for added taste and additional vitamins and minerals.
KEY HEALTH BENEFITS
- Spinach is an excellent source of iron and other nutrients.
- Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins.
- Chia seeds help clean your colon with insoluble and soluble fiber while giving you a daily value of omega 3.
- Acai powder from berries is loaded with antioxidants to protect cell health.
- Agave is a very safe natural sweetener. You should only add it though for taste.
- Handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup of water (almond milk or oat milk works too)
- 2 blocks of ice (Or extra frozen fruit.)
- 1/2 banana
- two pieces of cucumber
- 1/2 apple or pair
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of acai powder
- A sqeeze of agave if you need your smoothie sweet
Optional: You can add black berries, blue berries or strawberries for the extra antioxidants and taste if you wish.
- Soak your chia seeds in water before adding to smoothie. The seeds will activate and become a gel.
- Depending on what blender you have, you may want to blend up the greens with the chia first before adding fruit.
- Combine rest of ingredients, blend on high for 30-45 seconds in your blender of choice.
- You should add the acai powder and agave towards then end of your blend rotation.
Sip and enjoy!