After a long night out or a week of bad eating, detox your body with this delicious green smoothie.
This recipe uses kale, spinach, lemon, cucumber and chia seeds.
With the added vitamin C from the lemon and oranges, this recipe will boost your immune system and help you recover from a late night out or poor food choices.
For added hydration, use coconut water in place of the purified water. It’s full of electrolytes and has more potassium than bananas!
Key Health Benefits
- Kale is a good source of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- Lemon gives your immune system a boost.
- Mint helps with your digestion and is anti-inflammatory.
- Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins.
Add the superfood chia seeds to help clean your colon with insoluble and soluble fiber while giving you a daily value of omega 3.
- 1/2 cup of kale
- 1/2 spinach
- 1/2 of lemon
- 1 apple
- 1/2 of cucumber
- 1/2 orange
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 mint leafs
- 2 cups purified water
- Soak your chia seeds in water before adding to smoothie. The seeds will activate and become a gel.
- Combine ingredients, blend on high for 30-45 seconds in your blender of choice.
- Detox and enjoy!