This is a delicious green smoothie recipe that uses kiwi and chia seeds for fiber, antioxidants and omega 3’s. Talk about nutritious!
Benefits of Kiwi and Chia
Kiwi is an amazing fruit. A kiwi can help with digestion, boost your immune system, and help prevent blood from clotting.
Chia seeds are high in soluble and insoluble fiber, omega 3 and protein. The added wheat grass powder is very high in chlorophyll and spinach gives you a nice boost of essential vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
Top that all off with some delicious almond milk and bananas for a touch of sweetness and you’ve got a delicious superfood packed smoothie for breakfast or lunch!
For this recipe, maca powder is optional. It’s a very strong root that can have a positive impact on mood, energy and overall well being. It is a delicious and healthy alternative to caffeine. Keep in mind, you shouldn’t use more than 1 teaspoon of maca powder.
Ingredients for Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk, cold
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 ripe kiwi, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat grass powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Prepare all ingredients above.
- Soak your chia seeds in almond milk before adding anything else. This activates the enzymes in the chia and makes them more bio available to your body.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 30-45 seconds depending on what blender you have.
- Pour, serve and ENJOY!