This pineapple green smoothie recipe has a nice creamy texture and sweet pineapple flavor – which is what makes it so refreshing. It’s a great way to get the vitamins, minerals and essential gut flora your body needs to thrive! Oh, I almost forgot about the greens – I promise you won’t even know this has spinach! Your taste-buds might think this is a pina colada!
Tropical Pineapple Green Smoothie – Key Health Benefits
- Pineapple is a super sweet fruit full of vitamin C, making it valuable for strengthening the immune system. It is also a great source of manganese – a nutrient that aids metabolism and sugar regulation while also helping to strengthen bones and connective tissue in your body. Pineapple also has Bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme that helps with pain and inflammation in the body.
- Spinach is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and C, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Avocados contain potassium, which can often be a neglected part of your daily diet. They also give you a lot of fiber. In fact, one avocado can provide nearly half of the daily recommended value! But the best reason to consume avocados daily is due to their healthy fats! Feed and nourish your brain and body with essential fats (yes FAT IS GOOD!).
- If you decide to swap out the water liquid base for non-dairy milk like almond milk or coconut milk, these are great alternatives to dairy milk as they are rich in natural B vitamins and minerals like phosphorous and magnesium!
Tropical Bliss Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
Make sure you have a good blender and this recipe should only take a few minutes of your time to make! Note, you can also turn this into a pineapple coconut smoothie or strawberry pineapple smoothie simply by swapping out the liquid base and frozen fruit in the ingredients below!
Prep Time 1 minute
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 2 minutes
Servings 2 servings
Calories 250 kcal
- ¾ cup water (you can also substitute your favorite non-dairy milk like almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk and I’ve used coconut water too which makes a tasty coconut smoothie!).
- 2 1/2 cups frozen organic pineapple chunks (look for the bags on sale at your local grocery). If you choose to add fresh pineapple, reduce to 2 cups and add 1/2 cups ice cubes.
- 1 medium ripe avocado halved and pitted
- 2 cups spinach (or your favorite green like boston lettuce or even kale)
- Optional – if you want to add protein powder to this, you can certainly do so. This is my favorite plant protein powder.
- Place all prepared ingredients into the blender in the order listed. Doing this helps keep the consistency smooth and keeps your blender happy.
- Blend ingredients until smooth, or until your desired consistency.
If you enjoyed this recipe please share it with your friends!