This is the perfect green smoothie for Fall! It combines frozen pumpkin puree with sunbutter, spinach, cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk.
To make a thick creamy smoothie like this, you usually need to add a lot of frozen fruit or chia seeds. But Kelli at hungryhobby was able to create this delicious creamy texture using pumpkin puree!
The pumpkin gives added health benefits including cancer prevention, digestive health and a boost to your immune system. One cup of pumpkin puree provides you with 7.1 grams of dietary fiber and is an excellent source of iron!
For the full recipe please visit Kelli at HungryHobby
- 4 frozen pumpkin ice cubes (freeze pumpkin puree in regular ice cube trays)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 spoonful sunbutter
- big handful of spinach
- a bunch of shakes of cinnamon
- a tiny shake of pumpkin pie spice (probably about 1/8 tsp)
- 5-6 ice cubes
For additional benefits, you might consider adding these superfoods:
- Organic Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seed Powder